Funded by the Norwegian People’s Aid (NPA), LTA has launched the “Transparency in the Oil & Gas sector in Lebanon” in 2018 with the aim of advocating for the passing of the Transparency in the Oil and Gas Draft Law in Lebanon.
The project has been carried out in a span of ten (10) months (March 2018 - December 2018), where an online petition has been disseminated on social media platforms as well as towards Members of Parliament, and 18 “training” sessions on “the significance of Oil and Gas in Lebanon” and the “Right to Access Information”, have been conducted in the nine governorates.
• Develop a Citizens' Guide
• Develop five info-graphs and an animation
• Hold nine workshops on Transparency in the Oil & Gas Sector
• Hold nine Town Hall meetings on the Right to Access Information
• Develop and circulate a petition through social media
• Hold meetings with Head/Representatives of Parliamentary Blocs
• Hold meetings with MPs
• Hold a Press Conference / Final Event